History of Greenstone Recruitment
- Graydon Sharratt's involvement in the New Zealand farming community as a Rural Banker opened his eyes to the shortage of skilled labour faced by farming and other industries throughout New Zealand.
- This led to the formation of Baobab Recruitment NZ in January 2006.
- In December 2007 Baobab Recruitment NZ rebranded to Greenstone Recruitment, in response to rapid business growth.
- Our current focus is to assist predominantly agricultural employers in New Zealand in recruiting high quality, reliable employees for their New Zealand operations.
- Whilst Agriculture is our initial focus, we will soon be recruiting skilled individuals into other selected industries in New Zealand that are experiencing labour shortages.
- We are also Immigration Advisers, licensed by the Immigration Adviser Authority and can therefore act on your behalf for all Immigration requirements.
- Having grown up in families with traditional values, we pride ourselves in operating with honesty, integrity and professionalism. We understand that positive referrals help grow our business and so we aim to provide a superior recruitment experience for both farmers and employers every time.
Background on Employees
- Graydon grew up on a drystock farm in South Africa. He and his family sold the family farms of 4 generations and moved to New Zealand in 2001.
- Graydon has an Honours degree in Economics and 10 years of banking experience: 3 years as a Senior Rural Banker with the Bank of New Zealand and 7 years of Investment Banking experience in South Africa.
- Graydon focuses on the recruitment division of the business. He has over the years gained an excellent understanding of the requirements of both farmers and workers. He has built up a comprehensive database of farmers and employees, both here and abroad, which allows him to best match personalities and levels of skills of employees with the requirements of the farmer.
- Vanessa has a Masters degree in Economics and 8 years of Banking experience.
- Vanessa focuses on the Immigration advisory side of the business. Vanessa uses her experience and knowledge of the requirements of Immigration New Zealand to pursue the best outcome for her clients. Having been through the difficult process of immigration herself, Vanessa has an understanding of the emotional and financial toll this process takes and strives to provide a personal service, catering for individual needs.
- Carol joined Greenstone as a Client Services Manager and has now obtained her provisional Immigration Adviser Licence. Carol grew up in the USA and has a Bachelor of Arts International Studies from Miami University.
- Carol assists with all Immigration Requirements for our workers.
- She has three years legal experience in the Ohio state legislature. She has also worked in tertiary education for 14 years in New Zealand, often dealing with foreign students.
- Carol has three school-age children with husband, Blair.
- Barbara is the office administrator for Greenstone Recruitment.
- Barbara has a New Zealand Certificate of Commerce and has worked in various office roles before taking time out to care for her young family.
- For the last 5 years Barbara has worked as a Personal Assistant to a farm consultant in Palmerston North.
- She is married to Grant and, and has four children, two of whom have left home, the other two are attending High School here in Hamilton.
- Barbara and her family have recently moved to Hamilton from Palmerston North as her husband, Grant is now employed at the University of Waikato.
Contact usContact us if you're a farmer and wish to discuss your recruitment needs, or if you are a farm worker wishing to move to New Zealand.